Passing Data from a screen to WF & back again

Kisloff, Philip (CH - Basel) pkisloff at dc.com
Fri Mar 30 14:02:04 EST 2001

Hi Menand and all,

There was (prior to release 4.0) a non-supported function
module that allowed reading of dynpro field entries.
Obviously, if it still exists there is a risk that it
will not work after any upgrade.

  DATA:
   INT_F4HLP LIKE DYNPREAD OCCURS 0 WITH HEADER LINE,
   W_F4DYN LIKE SY-DYNNR.

  INT_F4HLP-FIELDNAME = 'MARA-xxxx'.
  APPEND INT_F4HLP.

  W_F4DYN = SY-DYNNR.

  CALL FUNCTION 'DYNP_VALUES_READ'
       EXPORTING
            DYNAME     = 'SAPMxxx'
            DYNUMB     = W_F4DYN
       TABLES
            DYNPFIELDS = INT_F4HLP
       EXCEPTIONS
            OTHERS     = 01.

INT_F4HLP-FIELDVALUE contains the fielvalue.

John, can you give any more details on GuiXT? I have the
same requirement as Menand to insert entries in dialog
across separate fields. Not all use SET/GET parameters and
BDC won't help as fields in earlier screens are
mandatory.

Regards

Philip Kisloff
Deloitte Consulting