"Happy" end: Workflow execution problem in version 4.6B (now version 4.6C)

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Tue Mar 20 04:42:04 EST 2001

Yesterday afternoon I left a message via OSS and received an answer this
morning. It seems repetition of attempt number four until success is acheived is
the way to go.

My message: A copy has been made of the generic decision task TS8267 in order to
be able to transfer additional parameters used in the task description. When
executing the task it will not display the decision texts, the only choice
available is Cancel. When not using HTML in decision tasks the WI appears to not
execute, but in reality Cancel is selected automatically. When using TS8267 the
decision texts display.
The function SWU_PROCESS_MANUEL_DECISION was tested for the work items and the
result was the same.

SAP's answer: Because of the functionality of the task TS8267 there are some
problems if you try to copy this task.
To solve the problem please try the following solutions:
1. Copy the task more than once. Normally there is one correct copy!

2. delete the whole data-definition between the decision-task container
   and the method DECISION  >PROCESS. In this case the whole task
   container will be copied into the method-container.

I hope this information will help you to solve the problem.

Thus I found myself creating a second, a third, and a fourth copy while testing
all the time. Finally! I am not sure if I got any further in discovering what
the problem was since it suddenly worked. After the first three it seemed that
what caused the trouble was defining new container elements in the copy. On the
fourth attempt I was going to verify that by doing one change after the other. I
did that, and the last thing I changed was adding container elements. Then it
worked! What a great day. The sun is shining and the workflow works. (It doesn't
take much to please a developer.)
--
KjetilK

---------------------- Forwarded by Kjetil Kilhavn on 08.03.2001 10:13