Filtering of IDOCs

Collins, Eddie Eddie.Collins at guinness.com
Fri Jun 29 11:57:57 EDT 2001

Hi all,

I am trying to filter Material IDOCs by PLANT.  What I am trying to do is as
follows:

if a material within a plant is changed, create a distribution  IDOC for the
corresponding logical system only.  Do not create an IDOC for other logical
systems to which MATMAS is assigned.

I have looked at using the filtering provided.  However this only filters
IDOC segment E1MARCM where the plant is stored, the basic IDOC information
still goes throught to all other LOGICAL Systems.

I tried filtering with classifications but didn't have much luck - probably
me.

I then decided to add an extension to E1MARAM to handle PLANT details.
However although you enter the plant when making changes to many of the
Material screens, it is not stored so by the time I run BD21 there is no
link to the plant you entered before making the changes.

Thus I feel my only option is to send IDOCs to all logical sytems and only
filter out the plant related details.

This seem a pain due to the volume of data being created.

Any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks inadvance

Eddie Collins

the system manager.