Purchase Req HR Org Structure

Robert Bates Rob.Bates at itnet.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 18:46:22 EDT 2001

Alon,

I have had the same requirement myself on several occasions. My usual solution
is to create a custom table, with a parameter id column as the key and a data
field. Then I create an entry on the table with my chosen key identifier (e.g.
PREQ_APPR) and the organisational object identifier (e.g. S 500000001). In the
user exit you can then code a select from this table with the key of your chosen
name and retrieve the organisational object assigned. If the organisational
object changes in the future, you can simply change the entry on the table and
you won't have to touch your user exit code. If you generate a table maintenance
dialogue for your custom table, the responsibility for maintaining this can be
passed to "less skilled" people!

If you want a more flexible solution, you could do what I do - create a generic
custom table with key columns of ID and Sequence Number, and other columns: Sign
(data type RALDB_SIGN), Option (data type RALDB_OPTI), Low Parameter and Hgh
Parameter. The sequence number in the key allows you to create many entries with
the same ID. For simple single parameters, create an entry on the table with
your chosen name in the ID field and the required value in the Low Parameter
field, then code a SELECT SINGLE low FROM parameter table WHERE ID = your chosen
name to retrieve the parameter. For more sophisticated parameters you can create
a range of entries in the table using the Sign (Include or Exclude) and Option
(Equals, Greater Than, Between etc.) fields - then you can code a SELECT * FROM
parameter table INTO TABLE internal table WHERE ID = your chosen name, then load
that internal table into a declared RANGE, then you can compare against the
parameter by coding, for example, IF container element IN declared range THEN
result = 1 ELSE result = 2. I use this a lot - it makes it very easy to change
the workflow process to reflect business process change without having to
change, test and transport the workflow.

Hope this helps,
Rob Bates,
eBusiness & Workflow Consultant
ITNET plc SAP Division, UK