Triggering event with conditions?

Griffiths, Mark mark.griffiths at sap.com
Fri Jun 22 11:07:01 EDT 2001

A more efficient alternative to multiple event linkages and Check Function
Modules is a Receiver Type Function module - this is also inserted in the
event linkage - you only need to create one dummy linkage to one of your
workflows.  The receiver type function module can then read your document
type and start the appropriate process.

You can code the different process numbers (including their 'WS' prefix) in
your module, but better will be to create a look up table so if you change
your process you can just change the table entry rather than the ABAP.

If you don't know how to create a receiver type function module it is
covered in BC610, or search through the system to see if you can find some
examples.

Hope this helps,

Mark Griffiths

SAP UK