Transfer of work item due to org unit change

Schroeter, Brad BSchroeter at ti.com
Tue Jul 31 11:32:54 EDT 2001

Thomas,
I understood what you were trying to say.  I tested it again this morning:
1) Made org unit change.
2) I logged in as myself and ran ABAP code for each user which calls
RH_SWWUSERWI_TIMESTAMP_RESET and does "COMMIT WORK" after function call (I
also tried COMMIT_FLAG = 'X' in the actual function module call).  This did
not transfer work items when I looked at SO01 for each user.
3) Then logged in as both users and for each ran
RH_INBOX_VIEW_BUFFER_REFRESH via SE37 - this transferred the work item
successfully when I looked at SO01.

I may not go down the route of creating Z_RH_INBOX_VIEW_BUFFER_REFRESH since
it calls form DELETE_ORG_BUFFER which then calls form GET_INDX_KEY.  Since
GET_INDX_KEY uses sy-uname I would also have to create Z_GET_INDX_KEY and
Z_DELETE_ORG_BUFFER (to pass user parameter to Z_GET_INDX_KEY).  It just
doesn't seem to be worth it.  I was just trying to find some way for our
central person who handles org changes to be able to refresh the org
environment also without having the users do it themselves via SO01 (our
users do not use SO01 to execute work items - we use a custom report).

If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks for all your help,
Brad