Restarting background work items

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Wed Jul 25 01:28:37 EDT 2001

Thanks for your (and other) suggestions. Unfortunately I am still not able to
process these, so a logical delete and new triggering is the next step.

Yes, our WF administrator received messages about the WIs, so everything has
worked fine. There are no particular messages in the log, and the work items all
are in status STARTED. The only strange thing, which indicates problems, is the
last line in the workflow log. Its executed action is
SWW_WI_ERROR_MESSAGE_SEND_S, yet it has a green light in the "traffic light"
section. The green light could mean that the message was sent OK though.

I was sure I had heard about a way to restart the work items (or continue
processing). Must have been a dream about SAP R/4  :-)

When we upgraded the basis people wanted a "clean" system, so one of our last
actions was to clean out failed RFC calls. Among them were probably the RFC
calls for this step. Those that could be executed were executed (these ones
could not because SU01 was still closed), the remaining ones were deleted. Could
that be the reason for either the strange log or the fact that the steps are
just stopped and won't continue.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          "Bertrand, Scott"   |
|        |          <scott.bertrand at sap.|
|        |          com>                |
|        |          Sent by: SAP        |
|        |          Workflow            |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM|
|        |          A.MIT.EDU>          |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          24.07.2001 14:39    |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "SAP Workflow Users'|
|        |          Group"              |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     Re: Restarting background work items                    |

Kjetil,

Is the WF administrator getting a message that these WIs cannot be started?
Messages in the step log?  If not, then RSWWERRE is not selecting the WIs
for retry.  If this is the case, I would create an OSS customer message.  I
am not aware of any other method of restarting the WIs.

By the way, if the workitem started to execute and then experienced an
enqueue problem, was a temporary error forced? How was the workitem status
changed back to 'READY'?

Scott