Document Imaging Setup

Jody I. Chassereau JICHASS at westvaco.com
Mon Jul 23 18:22:58 EDT 2001

Hi Brian..

Thank you for your post suggestion on using distribution lists.  I had not =
used them before, but I can see how they might be useful in this type =
scenario to avoid org structures or Z-tables for agent definition.  One =
follow-up: this appears to provide for a setup where processor ABC would =
automatically receive documents of type 123 (if defined that way thru the =
list linkage).  What if they want to determine at scan time who would get =
a particular document?  Maybe it is somebody completely different than the =
normal group who does this particular type.  Is this possible to give this =
flexibility through the configuration or the functionality of pushing out =
the work items? =20

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks again...

Jody Chassereau
jichass at westvaco.com

>>> bennings.bj at pg.com 07/23/01 04:11PM >>>
Hi Jody,

We decided to use SAP Office Distribution lists (role 30000012).  We just =
copied
the default task TS30001117 and TS30001128 to new tasks, changed the =
default
roles for each and updated the binding so the workflow would route the =
work
items to a distribution list with the name identical to the archive =
document
type.

Distribution list maintenance is very simple (transaction so15).

Brian

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      cherry.ease.lsoft.com
 [209.119.0.109]

From: "Jody I. Chassereau" <JICHASS at westvaco.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on =
07/23/2001
02:52 PM AST

                   "Jody I. Chassereau"           To:   SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.=
EDU=20
 <JICHASS at westvaco.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>           Cc:    (bcc: Brian =
Bennings-BJ/PGI)
                                          Subject:      Document Imaging =
Setup

                 Sent by:  SAP Workflow
         <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
                    07/23/2001 02:52 PM
 Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users'
        Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

I am beginning work on a project dealing with document imaging.  We will =
be
working on configuring ArchiveLink to take scanned invoices and route them =
processors for SAP entry.  I have help on ArchiveLink, but the workflow =
falls on
me.

My question to anyone familiar with this deals mainly with transaction =
OAWS
(Presettings to document types with end user's Inboxes).  Let's say we =
have 5
different document types we are dealing with.  We want the flexibility to =
route
a scanned document to a specified person (at scan time) in a group of =
multiple
processors.  When you set up OAWS, you can specify a userid, position, =
job, etc.
I have not worked with org structures (we use custom tables for our other
workflows), but I thought that maybe this would make sense to define a =
small
structure here for defining the processor group.  If I used position =
linked to a
document type, then you could send it to multiple people, but that is not =
what
they want.  I can specify userid instead, but doesn't that mean the =
maintenance
of persons involved is now in the customizing?  I need the flexibility of
choosing userids at scan time AND be able to allow the user group to =
maintain
the list of processors (when people join or leave the group).

I was hoping that someone on this list may have worked with such a project =
and
could explain my options on the setup of the people involved.  Do I need =
org
structure in place?  Do I set up the basic structure and can a user =
maintain the
assignments of person to position?  It defeats the purpose if I have to =
maintain
the structure in production.  This seems like it should be easy, but I'm =
having
trouble understanding the proper way to do this.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks...

Jody Chassereau
jichass at westvaco.com