Cancelling Ready Workitems

Jody I. Chassereau JICHASS at westvaco.com
Mon Jul 23 11:24:48 EDT 2001

Try looking at func mod SWW_WI_STATUS_CHANGE_NEW.  I saw this under method =
STATUS_CHANGE on business object WORKITEM (in trans SWO1).  I haven't used =
it, but I ran a test on this method and it looked like you could execute =
it by providing the status to change the workitem to.  Maybe it will be of =
help.

Jody Chassereau
jichass at westvaco.com

>>> Rsahasranam at worldbank.org 07/23/01 11:07AM >>>
We have several workitems in READY status in our system which are no =
longer
needed. Some of the workitems are in inbox of users whose userids no =
longer
exist, because they have left. Others are workitems which no longer need =
to be
executed. I would like to archive these items and then delete them (We are =
not
allowed, by policy, to use the deletion reports SWWIDE.) The archive =
program
does not select workitems in READY status. I want to write a program to =
change
the status of the workitems to CANCELLED. Does anyone know of a function =
module
I could use to do this? I would rather not directly update the SAP =
workflow
tables.

Thanks in advance for your help.