Restarting background work items

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Mon Jul 23 09:46:47 EDT 2001

We have upgraded our production system to 4.6C this weekend (hooray) and I have
only one small problem left.

I have some batch work items left in status STARTED because they were trying to
execute a transaction which was locked. I was sure there was a way to restart
these, but I can't find out how. The closest I have come is the menu choice in
Work item selection: Edit, Work item, Execute background work item. That does
however not help a bit.

>From the documentation it seems that these should be handled (restarted) by the
system, but the system has been up for a day now without that happening (and the
transaction was closed a day before the system was shut down).

I could kill the workflows (logical delete) and restart them, but if possible I
would like to avoid that.
Does anyone know how to restart these manually or if there is any other
solution?
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended
for the addressee only. Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information
or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you.