EBP three levels - I can't see the third approver in the docu ment .

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Sun Jul 15 19:48:03 EDT 2001

Hi Marcos,
Michael Tallon is absolutely right - the Java applet has fairly rigid
expectations of what is being sent to it.  But it will work provided you
keep to the "rules" - i.e. build your approval steps in the same way
as the standard workflows and using the same patterns.  That's partly why
the shopping basket approval workflow wizard is provided in the IMG.

As to your third approver, have you completely checked that they are
selected correctly
in the workflow?  That is,
* Checked third step is created
* Checked the agents are found (if you double-click on the agent object id
in the
workflow container display, e.g. from the workflow log, you can see the
attributes
of the object including the list of agents found).
* Checked the agents are possible agents
* Check the agents are "selected agents" of the third step via the work item
display

Any problems with the agent selection could also give the symptoms you are
describing.

Other problems can occur if you have multiple workflows active for the same
shopping basket
so check you only have ONE workflow being started for that shopping basket
via
the Z_BASKET_LINKS program described in OSS note 329564.

Finally, if you right click near the approval display (e.g. off to the right
of the approval
display) you can see exactly the nodes, steps, and agent lists that were
sent to the
applet, and use that to report any problems via OSS.

Good luck!
I can tell you I have made quite a few changes to approval workflows and
have always
been able to make them work both internally and on the approval display.
Slow and steady
does it.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880