Outside-in approach to ESS and Workflow

Walt McDaniel george.mcdaniel at eds.com
Wed Jul 11 10:49:01 EDT 2001

All,

I'm interest in anyone  experiences on implementing the Outside-in approach to web enabling  ESS
and  using
Workflow to support that ESS without  using ITS. In my research of using Workflow on the web to
support this ESS roll-out I
have notice few Workflow Bapis and  that a lot of the SAP Remote enabled  RFC that are Workflow
related call a lot of Dialogs (screen)
that would seem to make it hard to web enable Workflow functionality without a lot of in-house
development.

For example when trying to use the  remote enable function module RFC SWW_WI_EXECUTE_NEW to
execute a Work item for the Workflow 'ESS Plausibility check change of address'  a pop-up of
PA20 occurs, which I think one would not want when trying to
use a Remote enabled module in SAP DCOM CC or some third party connector like Actional or Btalk.

Thanks,
Walt