AW: Triggering event for GR creation

Thorsten Wewers thorsten.wewers at bmt-consulting.de
Thu Jan 25 02:32:57 EST 2001

Hendra,

I stumbled over the same problem yesterday and I solved it by =
triggering the
event from output control: Just customize an output type that is =
"printed"
each time a GR document is created. This output type must have the =
dispatch
time "immediately" (=3D 4) and the transmission medium "Events (SAP =
Business
Workflow)" (=3D 9). Then, instead of specifying a SAPscript program as =
the
processing routine, use a small program (form routine) that simply =
raises
the event ("created") by calling the function module swe_event_create. =
Make
sure that you use the correct object key since the GR transactions =
create
output on the line-item level (therefore, you should also filter out =
some of
these events by examining the NAST table). The form routine mustn't do =
"commit work" and should set the variable "returncode" to "0".

The end-user doesn't need to do anything about this message type: =
He/she
simply posts the GR document, and that's it. However, on the output =
control
screen that is available within the GR transactions, the user has the =
option
to specify the event to be raised. For the scenario we're talking about
here, this doesn't make much sense in my opinion. So, whatever the user
inputs on this screen: the form routine doesn't need to care about it.

Hope, this helps.

Regards,

Thorsten Wewers
http://www.bmt-consulting.de/