Deadline Monitoring Using Factory Calendar Times

Raskin Alon x8008 ARaskin at Citipower.com.au
Tue Jan 16 00:01:26 EST 2001

This isn't the most elegant solution but it is one that I have used
previously.

I developed a new method on a subtype of FACTORYCAL (also looks at objects
CALENDAR or HOLIDAYCAL). You can take a look at Function Modules
DATE_CHECK_WORKINGDAY, DATE_CHECK_WORKINGDAY_MULTIPLE, and
DATE_CONVERT_TO_WORKINGDAY to calculate the working days. You can then
calculate the deadline date and bind it back to your workflow and then the
deadline monitoring of your task.

I would be interested if anyone out there has a more elegant solution....

Regards,
Alon Raskin

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Johns, Ron E [mailto:RJohns at powercor.com.au]
                Sent:   Tuesday, 16 January 2001 01:42 PM
                To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                Subject:        Deadline Monitoring Using Factory Calendar
Times

                Hi all,

                I have created Deadlines in Tasks and would like the
Deadline to consider
                the Factory Calender when Monitoring the Deadline.

                As examples:
                *       If a Task is to be completed within working days we
do not want to
                count the Weekend or Public Holidays.
                *       Similarly if a Task is to be completed within
working hours, we do
                not want to include non - working hours.

                Has anyone a solution to this requirement?

                Regards,

                ron

                Powercor Australia Ltd. This email and any file attachments
are
                confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or
                entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
                error please tell us immediately by return email and delete
the
                document.

the system manager.

This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

CitiPower Pty ACN 064 651 056