FIPP and WF

AHans shans at sprint.ca
Wed Jan 10 12:21:10 EST 2001

Hi Peter,
I have recently gone through the same issue. If the document was created =
in
year 2000 and was sitting with the first user, moment the first user chan=
ged
the posting date it deletes the current workflow and starts a new one wit=
new document number, so the first user gets it again and processes it, no=
too bad, client could live with this scenario.

Issues came up when the document was created in the last year required th=
ree
approvals, it has already gone through two and now in the new year when t=
he
final approver tried to approve it, it changed the document number and
deleted the old workflow and started the new one from the very beginning.
Audit trail  and attachments lost, also it goes through the approval proc=
ess
again,  not a very good solution for us. What you can do is as follows:
Code the ABAP Function module, it accepts the document number  and looks =
for
the two workflows copies the attachments and brings the new one to same
status where the old one left. There is coding involved in this option or=
 if
the number of workflows is low, do not rule out the manual processing
option, see where the effort vs. return is better. We plan to keep the
document number same from next year if we could. We do not have a better
solution yet, still looking at some other alternatives.

Regards,
Alan Hans