Attachments to Activities

SIMON ORCHARD ORCHARDS at gkn-whl.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 08:00:53 EST 2001

Hi Workflowers,

In one of our authorisation workflows we had a step to advise requesters of=
 a rejection, after this step was executed the workflow was terminated. Ori=
ginally we were using step type "User Decision", however not all of the bus=
iness users were trained in workflow, therefore the mail was either not bei=
ng read or not being executed or having processing canceled meaning the ste=
p remained in progress.

Rather than train the 3500 business users, it was decided to change the ste=
p to an activity using the method SELFITEM, SENDTASKDESCRIPTION. This would=
 then mean that, as long as the rejection notification reaches the requeste=
r, the workflow would be complete whether the mail was read or not. Our sta=
tistics and reporting would then be improved.

My problem is that using this step type does not seem to let me read / send=
 the attachments and we use the attachments to explain why the request was =
rejected.

We are using Version 3.1I

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,