4.6B Workflows

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Sun Feb 18 23:09:41 EST 2001

Hi Scot,
It's the synchronous flag that's the problem.

Marking a method as synchronous means that once it's executed
it's all over.  Regardless of whether you actually did anything useful
or not.

There are a few ways around this:

a) Make it asynchronous (turn off the flag) and set up an appropriate
terminating event.
This is a good idea if what you are doing makes some sort of change
that can easily be tracked by an event, e.g. via change documents,
status management etc.
However this is less useful when you are in a display transaction, or doing
something
that affects the object key (e.g. HR - unlocking an infotype which changes
the infotype
record key).

b) Leave it synchronous, but turn on the "Confirm end of processing" flag.
This leaves it in the inbox until the user confirms they don't want to see
it anymore.

c) Code your method to pick up on the fact that the user has cancelled the
operation,
and send the cancellation out as a temporary error (that leaves it in the
inbox).
However if you are using call transaction you might not be able to get
enough info
to do that. (That's one of the downsides of call transaction using versus
newer
techniques like BAPIs.)

Enjoy.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267