Search help on web enabled workflow forms

Dan Harmon rrfs20 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Feb 8 16:33:40 EST 2001

> Sander van der Wijngaart wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> We are using Workflow web forms for requesting new customers, vendors
> and materials in an European SAP environment. For this we use
> "Business" styled web forms generated by WEB Studio, based on the web
> enabled transaction of the workflow. We use an 4.6C SAP system, a Web
> Studio 4.6D and an 4.6C ITS. Everything worked fine (most importantly
> the search help on the fields, which is a new feature in 4.6,
> was available).
>
> However, after upgrading to ITS 4.6D (with the 4.6C IAC package) the
> search help on the fields dissapeared! I looked in OSS but couldn't
> find any notes on this. Does anybody have experience in this subject?
>
> Would be great if anybody could help us, we are running towards our
> deadline.......
>
> Regards,
>
> Sander van der Wijngaart
> Avelon B.V.
> Visit us at www.avelon-it.com

We have just recently upgraded our ITS to version 4.6d (this week, for
both development and test) and have not seen this problem.  We have the
same landscape as you do (R/3 4.6C, same Web Studio).  So although I
cannot solve your problem, I can tell you that I believe our
environments are very similar and search help works fine over here.  In
fact, we have been using search help since 4.5a, it is not a new feature
to 4.6.  I would suggest quickly creating a web form based workflow task
that has a search help in it and see what it looks like on the web.  If
a brand new web service does not have the search help you might have an
upgrade problem.

Regards,
Dan
| Dan Harmon                    |             Phone:    480-634-3090 |
| R/3 Workflow Group Leader     |               Fax:    480-634-3761 |
| Product Data Management Team  |             Pager:    888-782-2030 |
| SPS Information Technology    |            dan.harmon at motorola.com |
| The 8 stages of Project Management                                 |
| 1.  Project initiation.                                            |
| 2.  Wild enthusiasm.                                               |
| 3.  Disillusionment.                                               |
| 4.  Chaos.                                                         |
| 5.  Search for the guilty.                                         |
| 6.  Punishment of the innocent.                                    |