Methods to Use

Carson, Wayne Wayne.Carson at solvay.com
Thu Dec 20 18:56:42 EST 2001

I am reviewing the IMAGE and IMAGELINK object types.  I need to understand
what are the main differences between these objects types and their
associated methods.  I also need to know when to use a certain method.  Is
there such a document in SAP?

For example, what is the difference between IMAGEASSIGN, IMAGEASSIGNEARLY
(early archiving), IMAGEPROCESS, DISPLAY, APPEND, and CREATE.  Does
IMAGEASSIGN link a business object (object id) to an IMAGE (document id on
iXOS) by putting an entry in TOA01).

I am trying to test these object types and I can't get them to work.  I am
using images that have keys on table TOA01 (via OAM1) and yet I am unable to
display the images.

This is for an AP Scanning Project.

Thank you,

Wayne Carson