Authorization question for bus1001

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Thu Dec 20 17:03:27 EST 2001

Hi Kate,
The system shouldn't be checking the authorization for transaction MM01
unless:

* This authority check is needed to build attributes when constructing the
object (which
doesn't seem to be the case)

* Your method calls MM01 or uses a function module that checks the MM01
authority
e.g. you are processing MM01 using batch input.   By the way I notice that
BAPI_STANDARDMATERIAL_CREATE actually calls MM01 directly (which is no doubt

why it is now marked as obsolete) so if you are using that BAPI you would
also have the problem.

* You have another method (e.g.secondary/before/after) on the same work item
that needs this
authority (I assume that's not your situation???)

So it basically comes down to what code are you using in your custom method
and of
course what release are you on?

Regards,

Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email  <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com> jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880