Workitem w/too many steps - how to find them ?

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 20 11:17:45 EST 2001

Hi gang,

We have a workflow that is causing some problems with archiving.
The workitem archiving is performed with transaction 'SARA', using the
'WORKITEM' archiving object.
This calls the ABAP: 'RSWWARCA', which gets the following short dump:
TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED.

SAP has looked iinto this and concluded we have a workflow with too many
items.  I believe I know the workflow name which is causing this
problem.  (This is a workflow, that calls a workflow, that also calls
another workflow) What I need to know is if I can get some kind of report
on workitem ids that has all subordinate workitem ids, so that we can
identify the workitems that are problems and delete them before running
archiving.  I've found table SWPSTEPHIST has some of the info I need, but I
don't think it can report down to the level I need.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks, and happy holidays to all,
Sue