Restart with new WF definition

Pollard, Bruce bruce.pollard at sap.com
Tue Dec 18 04:57:53 EST 2001

Christian,

The Workflow runtime engine will always finish with the version of a
workflow that it started with.  That is its design.  Otherwise there would
be all kinds of problems and we would have no way of managing change and
executing a workflow from start to finish with the correct template.  SAP
best practices is to finish all existing workflows (complete or logically
delete) and implement your new template.  If done this way you will avoid
the dreaded versioning issue that some of our colleagues have encountered.
Hope this helps...

Bruce Pollard
SAP Instructor, SAP America, Atlan