Deadlines and SAP Calendar

Vincze Árpád Arpad.Vincze at itelligence.hu
Mon Dec 17 05:30:16 EST 2001

Hi all,

I apology myself, but for me the deadline control by factory calendar =
is an
old problem, which is not solved yet in our productive system.

I understand that one can compute the real deadline date which takes =
into
account the given country factory calendar.
In my interpretation this is the simpler part of problem.

My question is how the modified deadline is realized?

=B7     My principal solution is the following:

I use the "normal" SAP deadline mechanism, which starts an escalation
workflow at case of the missed deadline.
The standard SAP deadline does not take into account the factory =
calendar so
the sub escalation workflow will be started
 even on weekend or a national day.
Here (in the sub escalation workflow) we can compute the new country
dependent deadline date.=20
After the new deadline date determination there is a check: Is this =
date is
reached?
If the deadline is not reached there is a wait workflow loop.=20
This wait loop can be controlled by another work item having one-day
deadline.
At the case of missed deadline a message or work item or an  e-mail can =
be
sent .=20

My questions are the following:
=B7     This principal solution is the real solution or I am on wrong way?!
=B7     If it is the solution it seams to be a bit complicated and uses a
lot of resource.
=B7     The "optimal solution" would be, to execute your function or=20
            OO method at the work item creation time which modifies the
deadlines,=20
             like the standard latest end and etc...

So I ask you to write how this problem is solved by you?

Regards

                                        Arpad

Vincze =C1rp=E1d
itelligence Hungary Kft.