Distributed maintenance for a responsibility role

Felix Hassine Felix.Hassine at us.pm.com
Wed Dec 12 16:54:42 EST 2001

I have an issue to present to the group: I am working in a
multi-company-code environment, where the maintenance of roles will be
distributed into different countries and different teams.

For several of workflows being developped here, I need to work with
responsibility roles. The ideal implementation would be to create the
responsibilities with a container containing the element "CompanyCode" among
the others.

Now here is are the issues:
        1-I have had a look at the authorization object for editing std
roles, and it seems no way to segregate on the role name. Am I correct ?

        2- If I am wrong, I will need to create the roles in a way that
helps me from segregate access to people from each company to maintain their
own part.
For example, if I give access to administrators of CCode 1000 to maintain
role ZX, how can I ensure that they will only make changes in the
responsiblities attached to that specific company code container value ?

What alternative is there ? Did anyone experience this already ?

Felix