Org. Plan maintenance

Jennifer Bragg bragg.j at pg.com
Mon Dec 3 09:18:43 EST 2001

Rob,
Sorry for the late reply.  We use PFAL, and an evaluation path.  Are yo=
familiar with evalutaion paths?
However, if you wish to send all of your data, I suggest first sending =
the jobs,
orgs, then positions.  Once you are finished, you should check the hier=
archy
structure and make sure that it is correct.  If not, just try to resend=
 the
objects that are missing.
Jennifer

**If you want to learn more about Corporate Databases, Please visit
http://cdb-newsletter.pg.com/global/cdb/newsletter/index.htm

                                                               =20
 Internet Mail Message                                         =20
 Received from host:      cherry.ease.lsoft.com                =20
 [209.119.0.109]                                               =20
                                                               =20

From: ROB CRAWFORD <ROB.CRAWFORD at menasha.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on 11/20/=
2001
03:36 PM CST
                                                                       =
                         =20
    ROB CRAWFORD <ROB.CRAWFORD at menasha.com>           To:   SAP-WUG at MIT=
VMA.MIT.EDU              =20
                           @MITVMA.MIT.EDU>           Cc:    (bcc: Jenn=
ifer Bragg-J/PGI)        =20
                                              Subject:      Re: Org. Pl=
an maintenance           =20
                                                                       =
                         =20
                     Sent by:  SAP Workflow                            =
                         =20
             <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>                            =
                         =20
                        11/20/2001 10:36 PM                            =
                         =20
     Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users'                            =
                         =20
            Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>                            =
                         =20
                                                                       =
                         =20

Hi,

I grabbed this message from the MIT workflow discussion, I  hope you do=
n't mind
a direct email.=A0 I am looking for some clarification on  what order t=
o send the
organization objects in ALE so that they are processed  properly in the=

recieving system.=A0 Example, do you send jobs first, then  positions, =
then org
structures?=A0 Are you using transaction PFAL to do  this?

I would appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Rob Crawford
Menasha Advantage
1649 Bergstrom Rd.
Neenah, WI  54957
(920)751-2513
rob.crawford at menasha.com

>>> ritu_nagpal at hp.com 11/15/01 12:17PM >>>
Here is  the way I have done it at several clients...

I create the PD Org (Org  units, positions, relationships between these=

objects) in the golden client  (clean customizing client). I also creat=
e HR T
tasks if needed in the golden  client. Then, I use ALE to move these PD=
 Org
objects and relationships to the  development box, testing box and prod=
uction
box. The only catch here is that  ALE does not support HR T tasks and s=
o I
use the transport system to move  these (I use RHMOVE30 to create the
transport request for the HR T tasks).  You have to transport the HR T =
tasks
first and then do the ALE (this is  because if the tasks exist in the
receiving system, ALE will successfully  create the relationship betwee=
n task
and position). In the production box, I  set up the user to position
relationships as these users might not exist in  all the systems in the=

pipeline.
By using ALE, the object ids of the HR  objects stay the same in each s=
ystem.
It has worked beautifully for me....I  am not creating new PD Org objec=
ts in
production so I do not end up messing  anything up.

If you need details on how to do the ALE setup, let me know  and I will=
 email
it.

Ritu
HP