Workflow checked each time workitem is executed.

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Fri Aug 31 10:28:40 EDT 2001

We just implemented a new Workflow template yesterday which replaced an earlier
workflow template. The new workflow is a completely new workflow not a new
version of the earlier one. After transporting the workflow, I deactivated the
old workflow template and activated the new one, using SWU0. Everything is
working well except for one very annoying thing. Every time the user executes a
workitem from the new workflow, it does a complete check of the workflow
template and subworkflows. Since the workflow is a very complex one, it takes
20- 30 seconds.  The status bar displays the progress of the check of each step.
At the end it gives a message that workflow generated with 77 errors. However
execution of the workitem proceeds without errors.

I have done a consistency check of WF template and subworkflows using SWU7 and
also using PFTC. Both show no errors. I have also refreshed the org environment
from my inbox and also using SWUS. The users have also refreshed the org
environment in their Inbox. Yet this check happens each time a workitem is first
executed.

We have a PRD environment with several app servers and we are on 4.0b. I have
not individually logged on each app server to refresh the org environment.
However users log on randomly to different app servers.

I am completely at my wits end to solve this problem. I would be extremely
grateful for any help or hints. Thank you in advance.

Robin Sahasranam
World Bank