Event trigger in inbound IDoc processing

Bormans, Raf Raf.Bormans at thevisionweb.be
Wed Aug 22 09:57:07 EDT 2001

Hi,

We have an inbound IDoc processed by a function module. In this processing,
an object is created (entry written on a table). On this object, I want to
trigger an event to start a workflow (after the update).

Because the object does not exist before the end of the IDoc processing
(after the commit performed by the ALE layer), I see two possibilities:

[1] trigger the event using the function module SWE_EVENT_CREATE in a form,
called as PERFORM ... ON COMMIT

[2] trigger the event using the function module
SWE_EVENT_CREATE_FOR_UPD_TASK

I am not sure that using solution [1], the object is already created at the
time the event is raised. Concerning solution [2], the update of the object
is not done in update task (because of IDoc inbound processing), so I am not
sure I can use this function module.

Anybody can help me out?

Thanks, Raf