Ending event does not stop workitem

Bormans, Raf Raf.Bormans at thevisionweb.be
Wed Aug 22 09:03:26 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have developped a workflow, which contains a background workitem. If an
error occurs, the workflow starts an error handling workitem (dialog), where
the user can decide to end the workflow, or to trigger a new workflow on the
same object. Whatever, since this is the last step, this workflow is ended.
That seems to be working fine.

Now, it is possible that other transactions triggers the same event that
starts a new workflow for the same object instance.  Because there is no use
of starting a new workflow on the instance, while having another error
workitems on the same instance still open, I had added this event as ending
event in the error workitem (to end the workitem, so that the dialog step is
deleted from the inbox).

Thus, the same event
[1] triggers a workflow
[2] ends all existing error workitems (and thus workflows because this is
the last step) which exist on this object instance

But, when I simulate this event trigger, [1] works, but [2] the error
workitems stay in the inbox in status W (ready).

In the event trace, I only find the triggering of the workflow, not the
ending event triggers.

In transaction SWETYPV (event type link), I find the link between my event
and the workflow, which was activated manually.

In transction SWEINST (event instance link), I find an entry for my event to
my workitem (function module SWW_WI_COMP_EVENT_RECEIVE), which I had to
activate manually (the queue is not used). The bindings seem ok.
Probably I have to do something else here.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks, Raf