Sending a Link in an email

Roehlen, Peter PRoehlen at powercor.com.au
Mon Aug 13 22:41:47 EDT 2001

Alon,

I think we have achieved (in version 4.6B) what you are trying to achieve as
follows:

1) We have published on every machine a Windows 95/NT shortcut that runs the
SAP shortcut program SAPSHCUT.EXE with the following arguments:

        "C:\Program Files\SAPpc\sapgui\SAPSHCUT.EXE" -language=E
-sysname="SAP Production" -client=010 -command=SBWP -type=Transaction
-title=Workflow Inbox

On all of our machines the shortcut has the following path/filename:
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Shortcut
Bar\Office\Workflow Inbox

Executing this shortcut will popup a userid password entry screen and then
take the user directly to their workflow inbox.  The user id is defaulted in
from the current network user.

2) We have scheduled the standard SAP program RSWUWFML to run every 10
minutes.  In the variant for this job we have added the following text
lines:

  Line 1  Please execute the work item in your workflow inbox.
  Line 2

  Line 3  There is a shortcut to your workflow inbox on the Office
Shortcutbar or you use this link here:
  Line 4  <file://C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Shortcut
Bar\Office\Workflow Inbox>.
  Line 5

  Line 6  ******************
  Line 7  Work item details:

Note that the "<" and ">" characters are important - this allows Outlook to
resolve the whole path/filename as a link even though there are spaces in
it.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Regards

Peter Roehlen