Dynamically adding *possible* agents to a task

Nicholas Brand nicholas.n.brand at uk.pwcglobal.com
Fri Aug 10 11:17:56 EDT 2001

Memo from Nicholas N Brand of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Hi,

Here's an interesting problem:

I'm building a travel expense approval workflow.
Up to 3 managers may have to approve a claim.
We want to restrict the people to whom each manager can forward the
approval workitem to those managers ahead of him in the approval chain.
This will obviously vary with each claim.

I've found that the group of users that a workitem can be forwarded to is
based on the *possible* agents of the task (as opposed to the responsible
or selected agents).

Here's the question:
How can I dynamically set the *possible* agents for a task?

I've found various function modules that allow me to set the selected
agents or to retrieve the possible agents of a task, but not one to *set*
the possible agents.

Any clues or suggestions either on this approach or an alternative way that
you may have used?

Thank you for you time.

Kind regards,
Nicholas Brand

The principal place of business of PricewaterhouseCoopers and its associate
partnerships is 1 Embankment Place, London WC2N 6NN where lists of the
partners' names are available for inspection. All partners in the associate
partnerships are authorised to conduct business as agents of, and all
contracts for services to clients are with, PricewaterhouseCoopers. The UK
firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers is authorised by the Institute of Chartered
Accountants in England and Wales to carry on investment business.
PricewaterhouseCoopers is a member of the world-wide
PricewaterhouseCoopers organisation.
computer.