SAP Exchange Connector in MS Exchange 2000

michael petrosh xraydelta7 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 23:17:54 EDT 2001

Hi
You should have the latest version on the connector
downloaded from SAPserve (1.54).
When is your organization planning to do this?
The version of the connector you would really want is
2.0 and it is not released.
Check OSS and search on the keyword Exchange.
There is a note that details all of the versions.

One thing you could probably do is run the box with
the connector on it at Exchange 5.5 while the
corporate domain is on 2000. Hopefully, you have
segragated the instalation by installing the connector
on a separate box. I would not install the connector
on a email server that handles corporate email
traffic.
The problem with this would be a scenario when you
need to bounce the box that has the connector
installed on it. If that box is carrying corporate
email traffic as well, there will be alot of unhappy
people in the organization. Always install the
connector on a separate server and place it in the
domain. This will protect corporate email traffic, and
you can then bounce the box, or start and stop the
services without having to worry if the CEO is going
to be screaming about his emails.
Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike Petrosh