Dynamic columns in 4.6c

Robert Bates Rob.Bates at itnet.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 04:21:25 EDT 2001

I have successfully stopped the user decision appearing in the preview pane
(thanks Richard). I now have another problem with something that worked OK in
4.6b, but now doesn't work in 4.6c (this is a new, separate system - not an
upgrade from the 4.6b system). I have set up a Business Workplace dynamic column
for a particular task: the column is correctly displaying the information I
expected (an attribute of the object), but the column heading is not the header
I specified in my configuration, but still says "Dynamic column". This is true
even when I open the "Grouped according to task" folder and choose this
particular task. The SAP documentation says that my column heading should be
displayed provided only work items of that task are displayed - and this worked
OK in 4.6b. (For information: I found that in 4.6b, the customised column
heading was always displayed, provided there were no other tasks in the list
with differently configured dynamic columns!). Has anyone else had this
experience? Is there a way to get the dynamic column heading displayed in my
4.6c system?

Another problem I've noticed is that the "Group according to content" and "Group
according to content type" folders are empty (but work items are displayed in
the overall view and the "Grouped according to task" folder) - can anybody
explain this?

Many thanks,
Rob Bates,
Workflow & E-Business Consultant
ITNET UK Ltd.

http://www.itnet.co.uk
http://www.itnet.co.uk/eb  -  Click here to see ITNET's ebusiness capabilities

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
not necessarily those of ITNET plc and/or its subsidiaries. This email
and any files transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded
copies (which may contain alterations) subsequently transmitted from
ITNET plc and/or its subsidiaries, are confidential and solely for the
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be
advised that  you have received this email in error and that any use
is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify ITNET Customer Service
Centre by telephone on +44 (0)121 683 4043 or via email to
csccom at itnet.co.uk, including a copy of this message.
Please then delete this email and destroy any copies of it.