Bapi's or Idocs ?

Estelle BOUAT Estelle.Bouat at edfgdf.fr
Thu Apr 19 11:16:07 EDT 2001

Hello all,

SAP says in the doc online 4.6C (BC-Midlleware =3D> ALE =3D> ALE programm=
ing Guide =3D> Purpose) : =

"Distribution Using BAPIs: This process has been supported since R/3 Rele=
ase 4.0A and is the basis for future developments. =

Distribution Using Message Types. ALE developments in R/3 Release 3.x are=
 based on this programming model."

Does anybody know what does it mean ?

If I have to develop interfaces between two systems : =

- may I have use Message Type (I guess that means Idocs) ?
- or may I have use Bapi's?
- what is the future of the idocs ?

We have an experience with an interface between SAP BBP and an R/3 backen=
d, we used a Bapi (with a g=E9n=E9ration of Idoc) but we have several Bac=
kends R/3 et we can't use to day this solution, we have to use only Idocs=
 and ALE.
so what is the better solution ?

Is it depend on something ? and what ?

Thank you for yor response.