Classes (ABAP objects) versus Business Objects

Raskin, Alon (Soliance) ARaskin at cps-satx.com
Thu Apr 19 10:31:17 EDT 2001

Hi Raf,

ABAP Objects are the new generation of ABAP which is delivered by SAP. I
believe it has been officially supported by SAP in 4.5 (even though it was
available in a limited form in 4.0). Eventually SAP will make the BOR
obselete and I believe that ABAP objects will be used by Workflow (as well
as standard ABAP report/enhancements). I am not sure the exact link between
BOR and ABAP Objects but I suspect SAP will provide some sort of wrapper
class so we can use them interchangably.

I have attached a document that I created for one of my training courses. It
is a summary of the major macros used in Business Objects. It may be of
interest to the whole user's group.

Regards,

Alon Raskin (xtn. 3183)
Workflow Advisor - Soliance

Ps. Let me know if you find any errors!!