Rollback of workflow header table SWWWIHEAD

Alison Robson arobson at agl.com.au
Mon Oct 23 19:08:18 EDT 2000

We are currently experiencing serious problems on our SAP R/3 3.1H system
where something is causing all the workflow items in the header table
SWWWIHEAD to get their status reset to READY, regardless of where they are
up to in their processing.  We have had to disable the job SWWERRE as this
then tries to process all the items in READY status!

We are not actually getting short dumps but messages in the system log SM21
such as :

10:27:06 D1 100 WF-BATCH          R68 W Perform rollback

This is happening several times a day.

I would be interested to know if anyone has been in a similar situation, we
have checked table spaces which are fine, deadline monitoring is running,
though the error job is not.  These rollbacks even seem to occur when no
one is using the system on the weekend.  We suspect the problem is basis
related but aren't really sure where to start looking as there is so little
information contained in the system logs.  We have workflow set up for
absences, attendances, invoices, purchase orders and purchasing cards,
these have been running for a couple of years.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Alison