Stop Light in WI text

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Fri Oct 20 04:39:35 EDT 2000

To be honest, I haven't used the Java Gui much but the process specific
screen should display in the Java Gui and in the mySAP Workplace (HTML GUI).
When you display the work item from Outlook or Lotus using the equivalent
form it will NOT display (but neither will the stop icon in earlier
releases). Thank you Kjetil for pointing this out. The preview function is
only intended for use with the SAP Business Workplace (the old inbox).

Whether or not to include the stop button, as opposed to text, depends on
your customer's situation. Are all sorts of inboxes used or is there one
inbox for everyone? Web? Outlook? Lotus whatever.

Site visits (after production start) showed us that if you can help the
users with a minimum of effort then this is well worth doing. Using graphics
to highlight exceptions could well pay off and improve the speed and quality
of the process. One customer had enormous success (and reduced support) by
including a big yellow question mark icon for their own contextual help. I
don't think text would have had the same impact.

As Kjetil said, if are developing templates to be used in a variety of sites
and platforms then you don't have this luxury.

Alan Rickayzen