workitem archiving

Gordy, Lynn L. LLGORDY at GAPAC.com
Tue Oct 17 11:07:45 EDT 2000

We plan to upgrade from 3.0f to 4.6c.  SAP recommends purging old workitems
to facilitate conversion.  We have been archiving idocs for quite some time
but not workitems and want to start this process before the upgrade.  My
questions are as follows:

SAP documentation states that only idocs in completed and cancelled status
are archived via standard archiving programs, SARA.  We have a very large
number of workitems in various othere statuses that also need to be purged.
What is the preferred method to purge these items.  Is running SWUF ok.

Also, is it okay to delete a workitem before deleting the associated idoc.

thanks for your help
Lynn