problems with Role

andre hilden ahilden at gmx.net
Thu Oct 12 12:20:19 EDT 2000

Hi to everybody

I am currently working on a QM Workflow in 4.6B
I wrote a role resolution function and used that function module in
a role I created. This new role shows up on the list of available
roles when I am searching for it in "display standard roles"

Now to my problem

I can not attach this role to me Workflow Step

I go to "agent assignment" in my workflow step choose "role" from the list

and end up in a search screen. Here I am supposed to enter the unique
Role number. When I do that I receive the message " no object selected"
I tried to do the same thing with one of the other standard roles with
same negative outcome. The search function just does not find any roles in the
system

I tried to use Short Description and in my desperation even long text
description of my role. No result.

I have no problem to assign a "USER" or a "Position" or " Workcenter"
to my WF Step. It just will not work for any Role.

I have checked OSS and could not find any suggestions

Did anybody come across this problem in 4.6 ?

Thanks for any suggestion

cheers

andre hilden