SAP Workflow with non-SAP systems

Roehlen, Peter PRoehlen at powercor.com.au
Mon Oct 9 03:09:19 EDT 2000

Hi all,

The company I work for are just now starting to get excited about the
possibilities behind creating all of our business processes as workflows.  I
am pushing this as an ABAP developer and the self-nominated workflow person
here even though I am still fairly new to workflow.

The inevitable question has come up:  How do we include processes and steps
in our non-SAP systems, and events from our non-SAP systems as steps in our
SAP workflows?

For some background information, our non-SAP core systems are mostly Oracle
based (as is our SAP system), running on Unix.  We do have a couple of
Visual Basic front end/SQL server back end systems as well.

If anyone has any suggested reading topics or advice I would appreciate all
comments.

Thanks

Peter.
Powercor Australia Ltd. This email and any file attachments are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please tell us immediately by return email and delete the
document.