Trigger the deadline event of a WI twice?

Stephan Becker stephan.becker at london.com
Mon Oct 2 05:30:52 EDT 2000

you need to model the deadline instead of just sending a reminder, if you haven't done so already. in the deadline tab, select the modelled deadline option, that will give you a new branch in the workflow.
do the reminder using something like selfitem.sendtaskdescription (sends a mail, workflow continues (to wait) after mail is sent).
then a dummy to wait (like an existencecheck method with a requested start deadline), and finally when you want to send the item to the manager, use process control in the deadline branch to render the main workitem obsolete, and in the obsolete branch of the workitem (fill in the event text of the obsolete event in the event tab of the release step to make the new branch visible in the flow), include the release step for the manager..
Stephan