Archiving

Gordy, Lynn L. LLGORDY at GAPAC.com
Fri Nov 17 09:49:48 EST 2000

Simon,
We had the same situtation and we are currently on 3.0f.  Archiving of the
workitems will reduce the size of this table.  Particularly the type 'c'
status 'ready' workitems.  These are not archived but deleted directly
through programs RSWWWIDE (delete workitem) and RSWWHIDE (delete workitem
history).   The SAP supplied archiving programs only delete Cancelled and
Completed workitems.  These are executed from SARA, object Workitem.  Take a
look at some of the oss notes that address this issue,
126678,49545,145291,149368,153205.

 Just a tip, we had to run the deletes in small chunks otherwise the program
would abend with space problems.  When you run these programs I recommend
you run rswwwide for a chunk then run rswwhide for the same group of
workitems. The reason is the first program makes an entry in the SWWLOGHIST
table for each entry deleted and in our case the table maxed out and
shutdown all workflow processing. The second program (rswwhide) deletes
these entries from the table.

lynn