Workflow upgrades from 3.1H to 4.6X

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Thu Nov 16 04:53:12 EST 2000

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this issue so that I can update our
notes.

I suspect that one solution consists of 2 steps.

Step 1: prior to the upgrade, modify the object methods so that they can
query the work item attributes when a return code shows that the container
element is missing (which will be the case for the old flows after the
upgrade).

Step 2: in preparation for the upgrade create a new version of the flow
using the new attributes. This may not be imported before the upgrade
because the attributes don't exist in 3x.

Graeme, in your particular case if you are concerned about task<->method
bindings there might be a simpler solution. You could delete the bindings!
Task<->method bindings are optional. If they are not defined, the whole
container is copied. You will still need to apply step 1 above but there
should be no other side effects.

Thanks Peter for the positive feedback,
Alan Rickayzen
SAP AG