Workflow upgrades from 3.1H to 4.6X

MacPherson, Graeme (AU - Melbourne) gmacpherson at dc.com
Wed Nov 15 19:50:00 EST 2000

Hi Guys

Would anyone like to share their "war stories" on upgrading workflows from
31H to 4.6B/C. I have reviewed the OSS notes on this matter but would like
some input on strategy and possibly some lessons learned (do's and dont's)
which are not documented on the OSS. In particular, how is the continuity
ensured because I am assuming that there is very little one can do about the
active workflow instances created in 31H.

Do you have a cutover point when you switch off the 31H workflows and ask
users to action all outstanding work items before upgrade ?

Following this I presume you would have to take stock of all unactioned work
items and recreate the workflows after upgrade using a workflow start
transaction (presuming the volume was not too high).

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards

Graeme MacPherson
Senior Consultant