List of agents assigned to a work item at work item creation time

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue Nov 14 04:36:28 EST 2000

Hi Isabella,

Easiest is to fill a container element BEFORE the step on which the
deadline is placed with the selected agent of that step.

This means basically creating a method/task which calculates the selected
agent of the desired step, i.e. the method/task calls the appropriate role,
and
result is returned to the workflow's container element.

You then pass the container element with the selected agent
to the Agent Responsibility section of the step as an expression.
You also pass it to the task used by the step, so that the deadline text
can be created using the selected agent value.

The above describes a simple example using ONE selected agent.

If you have multiple selected agents, you would need a multi-line
container element.  You can still pass the multi-line container element
to the Agent Responsibility section.  However, it would then be a little
difficult to create the text directly, so it would probably be easiest to
use a modeled
deadline to call a task to build the text of the mail, and then send it.

Pre-calculating the agents is fairly common in the new e-commerce products
like BBP (although we don't usually display all agents in a deadline text).
It's quite a useful technique, e.g. when you want to mail everyone involved
in a step when an employee deletes or changes the original object.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267