Linking SAP to Outlook

Barna Kardos Barna.Kardos at unilever.com
Mon Nov 13 17:10:15 EST 2000

HI Tony,

The setup of linking SAP inbox to the Microsoft Outlook is the following:

You have to install MAPI by run SAP gui setup and on the component screen you
have to choose the Desktop interfaces and click on the Change options button
and choose SAP MAPI Service Provider. After the installation you have to add
this to the Services option in the Outlook Tools menu. Here you will have to
give all the logon informations for the required SAP system /system, client,
user and password/. Finally on the configuration screen choose the Message
store sheet and tick the Workflow enable function.

The result should be that a new Inbox /name: 'system nr.'+ 'client' SAPoffice -
'user'/ would appear. The Inbox folder will contain the content of your SAP
inbox /you can set up online and offline link/. The message subject field will
contain the task description, the message body will contain the long text of
the task description and the execution buttons, which by doubble clicking logs
on the SAP system and goes directly to the required transaction. After
executing the message will dissapear /online link/, just as in the SAP inbox.

Regards,
Barna