Role resolution for "monetary approver": help needed...

Stephan Becker stephan.becker at walldorftech.com
Thu Mar 30 02:40:15 EST 2000

Hi Hassine,

you need to take a slightly different approach because you cannot, as you
have quite rightly stated, combine two roles. If you were to stick one role
in the default roles of the single step task, it would be overridden at
runtime by the role in the workflow definition.

What you need to do is create a new method that does the job of your first
role (deliver a list of agents in the same or superordinate organisational
units). Use any object you're working with in the workflow and create a
delegated child object. Then, create a new method where you essentially cut
and paste the code of your first role. Hand over the input and result of the
role using the normal containers. The second role can stay as is, you just
need to ensure the result of the first role (the agent table) is properly
handed over to in the role parameter container to the second role.

Let me know if you need more help. Paste the code into a message and give a
little more detail about how you've designed the second role, then we can
have a look at it in a bit more detail.

Enjoy,
Stephan Becker