Workflow Appserver

Stephan Becker stephan.becker at walldorftech.com
Fri Mar 24 03:08:00 EST 2000

How high volume will your workflow be? Hundreds of new flows a day, and
hour, or per second?

In any case, if you're already on 70-80% ultilisation on the main server, a
dedicated WF server is in all likelihood not a bad investment.. the one
thing you don't want to happen is for the workflow to bring the rest of the
system to a halt shortly after go-live.

Make sure you allow for sufficient time in the project plan for a good
stress test; often the problems aren't the workflow, but for example a
sluggish network that needs upgrading, or some frontend issue..

Another issue is your release.. SAP will stop supporting 3.0F at the end of
September 2000, which is only 6 months from now.. which means you will have
to go through a WF upgrade from 3.0 to probably 4.6 in the near future..
look at the applicable OSS notes, and try not to make your life too
difficult..

Stephan