Refiring of the event FIPP.CREATED after changing a parked docum ent with the WFReleaseFlag cleared

Thomas Schroff thomas.schroff at ixos.de
Mon Jun 26 15:16:56 EDT 2000

Dear all,

if a workflow variant is assigned to a company code of a parked =
document
with the 'WF release necessary flag' cleared (either cleared by the =
object
method 'FIPP.WfReleaseReset' or by using the report RFCORR57 with a
subsequent firing of the event FIPP.DELETED), a relevant change to the
parked document will re-create the event FIPP.CREATED and will set the =
'WF
release necessary flag' in the document header.=20

In my opinion this behaviour is to be considered a feature for =
'reanimating'
workflows,
not a bug !

Here is a description how to 'reanimate' a workflow:

1. The FIPP workflow waits for FIPP.DELETED in a parallel branch
   (see SAP standard workflow WS 10000051)
2. On selectively executing the report RFCORR57, the corresponding =
workflow
instance will
   be completed by a run through the parallel 'FIPP.DELETED' branch, =
and the
'WF release
   necessary flag' will be cleared.
3. A relevant change to the parked document (i.e. text area of a line =
item)
   will then retrigger a workflow instance for processing it.

Several customers currently benefit from this 'reanimation =
functionality'.
Please do not encourage SAP to consider this functionality to be a bug. =

Thank you,

Dr. med. Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Schroff
Manager                   =20

Professional Services      =20