Material Master Workflow

Todd Walter toddwalter at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 13:42:32 EDT 2000

Matt,
I have played with the material master object on several occasions.  The
standard object BUS1001 comes with the triggering events CREATED and
VIEWCREATED.  It has been my experience that the CREATED event does not ever
get triggered under standard conditions, only the VIEWCREATED one does.  To
use the CREATED event you have to trigger it yourself somehow.  If you use
the VIEWCREATED event you will get a workflow everytime a material view gets
created.  Depending on how you want to use this it may be OK.  For material
changes, you can configure the event creation from change documents.  You
should see how to do this in the documentation.  Hope this helps.

Todd