Purchase Order Workflow Problem

George J. Campbell-Kelly george.campbell-kelly at nstarch.com
Wed Jun 21 06:33:10 EDT 2000

I have just implemented a PO workflow in 31i. To overcome this problem we
copied to concepts behind the SAP Purchase Requistion release.

My workflow is triggered by either a create event or a change event, a
check fm runs to ensure the PO requires release. The next level of required
release is then looked up and a workitem is sent to them. Terminating
events are: PO released, PO release and no further release required, PO
release reset and PO changed. If a further release is required another
workflow is created, the time delay is not noticable as the releasers will
be by definition different people.

This has several advantages: it is staggeringly simple to implement, and
can then be used for any number or release levels.

I could not get any of the change documents to work correctly and in the
end put checkfm on all the events, messy but life is too short sometimes!

George

"Susan R. Keohan" <skeohan at MIT.EDU> on 21/06/2000 03:31:17

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>